Ante & Postnatal
Getting you back to your best.
Ante & Postnatal
Pregnancy is one of life’s miracles. You are growing a life, a child inside your body. It’s incredible. As with so many good things in life, however, there are a few things that aren’t so great…
Back pain (and associated pelvic and leg pain, such as sciatica) is one of the most common complaints during and after pregnancy, there can be several contributing factors:
What we can do to help?
General pregnancy related pain:
- Soft tissue massage and manipulation to ease tight muscles, relieve spasm and minimise pain
- Mobility and stretching exercises to keep your joints moving minimise stiffness and discomfort
- Core strengthening exercises and programs to help prepare for / cope with the additional physical demands on the body and support the joints
- Advice and education on how best to maintain a good posture and how to use simple postural aids to make things a little bit easier
Post caesarean section rehabilitation:
As you may be (somewhat painfully) aware a caesarean section is a rather invasive procedure. During your procedure your surgeon will have cut through 6 layers of tissue from the abdominal wall all the way through to the uterus, here is what we can do to help:
- Scar tissue massage to remodel and realign to improve scar appearance.
- Mobility and tailored rehabilitation to meet the demands of life with a little one.
- Advice & education on how to best maintain good posture whilst feeding and returning to activity.
How We Can Help
To have you back on your feet and back to your best as soon as possible the correct rehabilitation can make a huge difference.
We will use soft tissue massage and manipulation techniques to significantly improve the healing and remodelling of the scar tissue (particularly from the incision in the fascia and skin) and allow a quicker return to function and exercise. A happy side effect of the soft tissue work is that it can greatly reduce long term scar formation and visibility from the skin incision.
Once we have significantly reduced the pain and discomfort we will work with you to re-educate and strengthen the entire core area, get you moving properly again and leave you ready to deal with whatever the world can throw at you!